- Instant Document Delivery via Email.
- Add your logo easily.
- Add or delete information to any SWMS template.
- Customisation instructions provided.
- Complies with Australian & New Zealand legislation.
- Edit documents on the go with Microsoft Office Mobile App
- Only pay once (no subscriptions required).
- Asbestos disturbance
Non-friable asbestos means material containing asbestos that is not friable asbestos, including material containing asbestos fibres reinforced with a bonding compound. Common examples: cement sheeting, ceiling tiles, vinyl tiles.
Friable asbestos means material that is in a powder form or that can be crumbled, pulverised or reduced to a powder by hand pressure when dry, and contains asbestos. Examples include: pipe lagging, limpet and fire door cores. (Codes of Practice: Safe Work Australia (2011): How to safely remove asbestos.)
- Provide Training & Information to Workers on Asbestos Containing Material (ACM)
- Prepare Asbestos Removal Control Plan
- Arrival On-site & assess onsite conditions
- Work Area Set-up
- Bubble Enclosure
- Mini Enclosure
- Manual Tasks
- Enter Contaminated Area/Removal Site (PPE)
- Asbestos Removal
- Removal of Asbestos Cement Sheeting
- Removal of Floor Tiles Containing Asbestos
- Removal of Bituminous Products (i.e. roofing felt or roll roofing products)
- Removal of Ceiling Tiles Containing Asbestos
- Removal of Lagging on Pipework/Plant Containing Asbestos
- Working with Powered & Non-powered Tools on Asbestos
- Collection & Disposing of Asbestos Waste
- Exiting Contaminated Area/Removal Site
- Emergency Response
- Document Sample
This Asbestos Licensed Removal Safe Work Method Statement (SWMS) covers hazards and controls associated with working with and removing friable or non-friable asbestos greater than 10m2 in area (licence required).
Asbestos Licensed Removal Safe Work Method Statement
This SWMS covers High-Risk Construction Work (HRCW) controls related to:
Additional controls are included for Electrical Equipment, Slips, Trips & Falls, Hazardous Substances, Hazardous Manual Tasks, Outdoor Work & Environmental Considerations.
Job Steps Covered in Asbestos Licensed Removal SWMS:
(includes potential hazards & control measures).