Understanding Quality Management
1. What is a Quality Management System?
The SafetyCulture Quality Management System is a collection of business policies, processes and procedures that are designed to assist businesses with managing quality.
The overall aim of a quality management system is to assist businesses in improving business processes to:
ensure the quality of goods or services produced are of a consistent quality and meet requirements
increase customer satisfaction.
The SafetyCulture QMS is written to align with ISO 9001:2015.
2. What is ISO 9001?
The International Organisation of Standardisation (ISO) defines ISO 9001 as “a standard that sets out the requirements for quality management system. It helps businesses and organisations be more efficient and improve customer satisfaction.”
3. Will I be able to use the Quality Management System in my state?
Yes, the Quality Management System is written to align with International Standards and can be used worldwide.
4. I have the ISO 2008 version, why should I upgrade?
There are three primary reasons that an organisation should upgrade their systems to match the current standard
1. Standards are generally updated every 7 or so years to keep pace with changes in best management practice. If an organisation does not keep pace with these changes then it will become more and more difficult to be assessed against current standards.
2. ISO 9001:2015 now follows the same overall structure as other ISO management system standards (known as the High-Level Structure). This will make it easier to integrate with other systems like AS/NZS ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems or OHSAS 18001:2007 Safety Management Systems
3. While risk management has always been part of the standard, the new version gives it increased prominence and encourages an organisation to use risk analysis to identify the challenges of change.
5. Can I view a sample Quality Management System?
Yes. Here is a sample of our QMS.
Implementing your Quality Management System
1. How long does it take to implement?
The time required to fully implement a Quality Management System generally ranges from 6 months to 2 years. This duration can vary significantly depending on your organisation's size and complexity. Key factors include the existing level of compliance with QMS standards, the complexity of your business processes, resource allocation, and the commitment from upper management.
2. Need help with implementation?
If you lack the time and resources needed to implement your Quality Management System then one of our partner consultants may be able to assist.
Certification to ISO 9001:2015
1. Is the ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System that SafetyCulture provides certified?
No, the Quality Management System provided is not certified. It provides you with the framework needed to obtain certification with ISO 9001:2015. The system must be implemented into the business for at least two months before a certification audit.
2. How do I gain accreditation for my ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System?
SafetyCulture do not offer certification services. This will need to be performed by an external certification body, who will charge you for their services.
When selecting a certification body for ISO accreditation, ISO advises businesses to:
1. Evaluate multiple certification bodies for a comprehensive comparison.
2. Ensure the certification body utilises relevant CASCO standards, which indicate adherence to international best practices.
3. Verify whether the body is accredited. Although not mandatory, accreditation strongly indicates the body's competence and reliability.
To find out more about ISO 9001:2015 certification visit the International Standard Organisation (ISO) website.
Receiving your Documents
1. How long will it take to receive my documents?
Your purchased products will be emailed to you directly upon receipt of payment from our online store and normally takes no more than 30 minutes. Should you have any issues receiving your documents, contact our Customer Service Team.
2. How do I download my purchased products?
All our documents are emailed upon receipt of payment, in Microsoft Word format (MS Word), ready for you to download, save and edit as required. Note: You will need Microsoft Word installed on your computer to use any SafetyCulture template.
Customising your Quality Management System
1. What content should I be customising?
The Quality Management System that SafetyCulture provides is a generic document. As a result you will be required to customise the template to suit the needs of your business. As well as completing any relevant forms, checklists and registers to assist with quality management records. You can also download our QMS Customisation Instructions.