Jan 23rd 2023
The Top 5 Safety Management Documents Your Business Needs
If you own a business, it's essential that you have the proper safety management documents in place to protect both your employees and your company. From Safe Work Method Statements to Standard Operating Procedures, these documents ensure that everyone is aware of the risks involved in their work and knows how to mitigate those risks.
Keep reading to learn about the top 5 safety management documents your business needs.
Top 5 Safety Management Documents your Business Needs
- Safe Work Method Statement (SWMS): A SWMS is a document that outlines the potential risks involved in a task and the measures that will be taken to mitigate those risks. It's essential to have an SWMS in place for high-risk construction work.
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOPS): SOPS outline the steps that need to be taken to complete a task safely and efficiently. Every business should have SOPs for all of the tasks employees regularly perform. This ensures that everyone is on the same page and knows exactly what needs to be done.
- ISO Management System Manuals: AS/NZS ISO 45001 is an internationally recognised standard for safety management systems. Any business that wants to be certified to AS/NZS ISO 45001 must have a management system in place that outlines all of the procedures and processes necessary for compliance.
- Safety Management Plans: A safety management plan is a document that specifically outlines how safety will be managed within a company. It can include information on who is responsible for safety, what procedures are in place, and how compliance will be monitored.
- Safety Policies: A safety policy is a statement from management on the importance of safety within the company. It should outline the company's commitment to providing a safe work environment and outline the procedures that employees need to follow to ensure their safety and the safety of others.
These are just some of the most important safety management documents that a business could use to operate safely and compliantly. If you're unsure where to start, our team can help you choose the best policies and procedures for your business's needs.
Contact us today to get started.
Author - Craig Cruickshank is the HSEQ Manager and Senior Technical Advisor at SafetyDocs by SafetyCulture.
Craig comes from a construction and environmental background, with experience in both the private and public sectors and is passionate about making health and safety information easy to find and understand for everyone.
Learn more about Craig's work on LinkedIn
Available for instant download and supplied in fully editable MS Word format for use in your business.
Please note that the above information is provided as a comment only and should not be relied on as professional, legal or financial advice.
Share This Article