Feb 6th 2023
SafeWork NSW kicks off electrical safety blitz
SafeWork NSW has commenced a compliance campaign focusing on electrical risks in the workplace.
Head of SafeWork NSW, Natasha Mann said working near electrical installations, failing to follow electrical wiring regulations and faulty electrical appliances can cause serious injuries.
“Tragically a 35-year-old man was killed in Earlwood last year when he handled energised wires while completing work on an electrical circuit beneath a house,” Ms Mann said.
“A 24-year-old man also recently suffered serious burns when he touched a live electrical circuit and caused an arc flash explosion at a construction site in Sydney’s north-west.”
Read more on the SafeWork NSW website.
Share This Article