Jul 21st 2023
Safety reminder issued after electrical worker injured in switchboard explosion
Energy Safe Victoria reminds electrical workers to ensure they turn off power before starting work after a Melbourne worker was injured in a switchboard explosion early this month.
The electrician was working on a switchboard when he reportedly pierced an electrical cable triggering an explosion.
He was transported to hospital with serious burns.
“We often investigate matters like this where electricians are not correctly identifying or testing live electrical equipment, placing themselves and others at a greater risk of injury,” Energy Safe CEO Leanne Hughson said.
Read more here.
Share This Article