null

Carbon monoxide poisoning kills worker at Toowoomba CBD

Feb 3rd 2022

Carbon monoxide poisoning kills worker at Toowoomba CBD

A man has died from carbon monoxide poisoning at a Toowoomba store on Monday night.

Emergency services were called to a Toowoomba CBD store just before 6.30pm after reports a man had collapsed.

The 44-year-old man was rushed to hospital in critical condition but later died.

Reports indicated the man was using a generator in an enclosed space when the incident occurred

"Police arrived just prior to Queensland Ambulance Service (QAS), [went] inside and identified a generator running in the background," QAS senior operations supervisor Stephen Johns said.

"They've retrieved the patient, brought him out onto the footpath and started resuscitation techniques on the patient."

WorkSafe Queensland will investigate the incident.

View the original story on the ABC website.

Share This Article