Apr 12th 2021
Monday 12th April 2021
Adelaide playground exposed to asbestos material.
On 23rd March 2021, Asbestos material was found by a child within mulch at an Adelaide kindergarten playground. Two further pieces of non-friable cement sheeting were also found by contractors.
An Education Department spokeswoman stated, ‘the inspection was not able to identify the source of the material, but it is believed to have come off-site.’
The department stated, ‘We are not aware of other children coming into contact with the asbestos. However, families have been encouraged to contact the site and seek advice from their GP if they have any concerns.’
SafeWork SA was notified of the material exposure, and all parents of all children at the centre were informed.
The area was cordoned off, and a safe exclusion zone put in place following the exposure until contractors determined the area was safe.
Read the full story on the Trinitas Group website.
Tradesman receives severe electric shock at Adelaide workplace.
SafeWork SA has opened an investigation after an Adelaide tradesman was trapped beneath a roof and suffered a severe electric shock at an Edwardstown business on the 2nd April 2021.
The man was given CPR by colleagues before paramedics arrived. Paramedics said the decision to immediately start CPR may have saved the man’s life.
South Australia Ambulance Service’s Grant Copley said, ‘He had to have some immediate therapy that got his heart started again.’
After an hour-long operation to remove the man from the trapped roof, he was transported to Flinders Medical Centre in a serious but stable condition.
‘Safework SA inspectors have attended the site to conduct investigations,’ a spokeswoman said.
To follow more on this topic, head to the ninenews website.
Share This Article