Jul 18th 2022
Farm Safety Week 2022
How to keep your farm safe this week
National Farm Safety Week is held from the 18th- 24th of July to raise awareness of farm safety issues across Australia and is an excellent time to reflect on the importance of safety management systems in averting disasters.
We often hear about farm accidents that could have been prevented with better safety protocols in place. That's why SafetyDocs is committed to helping farmers implement and maintain effective safety management systems.
Safety management systems are an important part of preventing disasters on farms. They help identify and control risks and ensure that everyone on the farm is aware of potential hazards. During National Farm Safety Week 2022, we'll highlight the importance of safety management systems in averting farm disasters and our top 10 tips to stay safe.
Here are 10 tips for staying safe on farms:
- Know the risks. Be aware of the potential hazards on your farm, and make sure everyone on the farm is aware of them too.
- Always wear a seatbelt when operating a tractor.
- Keep children away from farm equipment.
- Be aware of your surroundings when working with livestock.
- Use caution when working around power lines.
- Store all chemicals and pesticides in a safe place.
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment when handling hazardous materials.
- Be cautious when using machinery such as saws and power tools.
- Do not take risks when working in high places.
- Create a farm safety plan and ensure all family members and workers are familiar with it.
Plans can include a range of measures, from employee training to using safe operating procedures and personal protective equipment. By taking proactive steps to manage farm safety, farmers can help to protect their workers, their families, and their livelihoods.
Our system is easy to use and helps you stay organised, so you can focus on what's important - keeping your family safe. Plus, our team of experts are always available to help you with any questions or concerns you may have.
Author: Craig Cruickshank
Available for instant download and supplied in fully editable MS Word format for use in your business.
Please note that the above information is provided as a comment only and should not be relied on as professional, legal or financial advice.
Share This Article