null

Worker in hospital after electric shock in central Dunedin

May 9th 2022

Worker in hospital after electric shock in central Dunedin

A worker was taken to hospital with serious burn injuries after she received a shock from an electric cable.

Emergency services were alerted to the incident in central Dunedin at about 9am on Friday morning.

The 34-year-old woman suffered burns to her arm after cutting a live cable in a trench.

She was taken to Dunedin Hospital in a serious condition.

WorkSafe has been notified.

For more on this story, read the Otago Daily Times

Share This Article